Genesis Sub 2 & jo5000 web site

Forums

Forum Home > Walk Jog Run forum > Just starting out

mia

I found a 1/2 mile track to walk on. Its good cause its on my way home from work. Plenty of other people are out, trying to accomplish their own goals. My goal is to loss 50 pounds. So Im walking around the track three times. Im usually done in 30 min. I have been walking five days straight, then off a day.

My first week, one of my ankles bothered me, maybe due to the fact i was walking on a hard surface. Well that only lasted a few days. By the end of my first week and begining of my second week, i noticed my front upper leggs were sore. Then by the end of that week, from my but all the way down to my ankles were feeling tight and sore. Im on week three, and none of that is bothering me now. I do think i need to strech a little more, cause the back part of my right leg is usually tight and stiff by the end of my walk.

Oh and I am very red in the face, and sweaty by the time im done. Its usually in the mid 70's to nearly 80 degrees at the time i do my walking between 7 30 to 8am.

--

August 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jo5000
Site Owner

Nice workout Mia, 8);) just keep the ball rolling.  Keep your walk jog workout,  at 65% no faster.

--

August 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mia

How can you tell when you are putting in 65%? Is it the way you breath. I breath fine on the first go around, by the end of the second im taking a few deep breaths, on the third my head is up in the air getting air, so I dont have to breath out of my mouth, but by the last quarter there is breathing out of my mouth and deep breaths.

On todays walk, each lap was exactly 10min. Usually ive been doing a min less, or a min over 10 min. So i think my timing is ok. What do you think Joe. Oh and thanks for the incouragement:)

--

August 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jo5000
Site Owner

Mia,

Honestly, I think you are doing great Mia,  just don't push to hard. If you can talk, when you working out, then you have it down. :)

--

August 15, 2011 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mia

ok, so today I went to my three week follow up with my doc. Great news. I lost 6 pounds, and my blood presure is better, not perfect but better. So the doc said im doing wonderful, and to keep it up. She will now see me in two month. I now have a new goal. Lets see what I can do, with the help of my doc and Joe, and my work out. I know I can do it. I hope you hear me Joe. :D

--

August 22, 2011 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jo5000
Site Owner

Congratulations Mia, on losing 6 pounds in three weeks!!!! I apology, for my late respone to your post. I am pretty comfordent, that  you will meet  your goals. Stay on track with your training and keep up the good work!

--

August 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mia

Ok, so I didnt do perfect this week. Only worked out three days. Was pretty tired thurs and fri. But next week is a new week, and a its ok. So wish me luck, and Im going to keep on striving for my goal.:)

--

September 3, 2011 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jo5000
Site Owner

Mia,  you ran more then I did last week. So just do what you can and keep up the good work.:).

--

September 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jo5000
Site Owner

Mia, 
How was your last workout with your son?

--

September 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mia

I walked, jogged with my son sat morning, it was great. I did better then I thought I would. And my son was so proud of me. He took me to go get some running shoes when when got done. I got up early this morning to do it again, this time by myself. Well wish me luck this week. I will be out on the track for the next four days.

--

September 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jo5000
Site Owner

Mia take your time, to break your shoes in.  Keep your workouts slow and easy.

--

September 12, 2011 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.